×

Lake forest

Lake forest, California, not to be mistaken for Forest Lake, California, is a city in Orange County, California. The community was previously known as El Toro before incorporation on 20th December, 1991. After a year-2000 vote, Lake Forest extended its city boundary to incorporate the master-planned improvements of Portola Hills and Foothill Ranch. This extension brought about new homes and businesses towards the Northeastern boundary of the city. Lake Forest (alongside its neighboring urban areas Irvine and Mission Viejo) is positioned as one of the most secure urban communities in the nation.
Lake Forest has two man-made lakes from which the city gets its name. Neighborhood affiliations maintain the lakes. One of the lakes is known as the Lake Forest Beach and Tennis Club, and the other lake is known as the Sun and Sail Club. Both facilities highlights exercise centers, tennis courts, b-ball courts, volleyball courts, swimming pools, saunas, grill pits, hot tubs and club houses for socials.
The forest for which the city is named lies in the zone between Jeronimo, Ridge Route, Serrano roads and Lake Forest. It is man-made also and was developed in the first decade of the 1900s when a nearby landowner, Dwight Whiting, planted Eucalyptus tree on 400 acres of land in the region of Serrano Creek as a part of a timber operation expected to attract development to the vicinity. In the late 1960s, the Occidental Petroleum organization built up a residential community in and around the Eucalyptus forests, which had since a long time ago extended and developed.
The city has a populace of 79,312 (2013) with ZIP codes 92609, 92610, 92630, and 92679. The city has an area of 17.902 square mi (46.366 km2) with land occupying 99.52% leaving just 0.48% for water to cover. Lake Forest time zone is PST (UTC-8); Summer (DST), PDT (UTC?7).
The city is home to the head office of metals company Kaiser Aluminum; eyewear producer Oakley, Inc.; telecommunications software developer Greenlight Wireless Corp.; Karem Aircraft, an aircraft company developing UAV; barbecue retailer Barbeques Galore; in-flight entertainment provider Panasonic Avionics; medical equipment maker Apria Healthcare; restaurant chains Johnny Rockets and Del Taco; skateboarding companies Sole Technology, Inc. among others. It serves as the home of the corporate head office for Eagle Community Credit Union, a credit union concentrated on serving postal and government employees who live or work in Orange County.
Alongside Oakley, the city is most likely best known as the home of Rick Warren's popular mega-church, Saddleback Church, presently the eighth-biggest church in the United States.
Lake Forest Sports Park and Recreation Center opened on 1st of November, 2014, across the road from Saddleback Church. The 86.2-acre of land Sports Park, constructed with funds gathered from engineers for a study that prompted the rezoning of encompassing territories, is one of the biggest games parks in Orange County. The Recreation Center houses classrooms/exercises rooms and a gym, facilitating numerous training and recreation programs that have already been hosted at the leased City Hall premises.
Lake Forest is likewise home to two province parks. Heritage Hill customary park is home to a portion of the oldest structures in the area, including the Serrano Adobe, St. Georges Episcopal Church and the old El Toro School House, Whiting Ranch in the eastern area of the city was the site of an infamous mountain lion mauling in 2004 that caught the attention of the West Coast news media.
Lake Forest has one secondary school, El Toro High School that has set up itself as one of the top schools in Southern California, alongside the other three complete secondary schools in the Saddleback Valley Unified School District. Lake Forest is served by two branches of the Orange County Public Library framework known as OC Public Libraries: the Foothill Ranch branch and the El Toro branch.
Lake Forest Skate Park is the biggest open Skate Park with more than 40,000 square feet.
Notable points of interest are Tucker Aliso Creek, Santiago Truck Trail and Wildlife Sanctuary.
Official website of Lake Forest is www.lakeforestca.gov